Monday, May 28, 2007

Wits

I started work on the project today at the University of Witwatersrand "Wits". Here is a picture of the campus- it's winter here (low 60's F) so people are wearing hats and bundled up. After a morning going over IRB revisions, I met with Prof Ross (a social worker/ speech pathologist) who has been showing me around. We went to the Origins Center Museum on campus (see the next 2 photos, Dr. Ross is in green in the second) which has exhibits on Africa's role as the origin of much of human archeology and anthropology. Last is sunset over campus. Tomorrow I'm meeting with a guy named Solomon, who is a social worker and refugee from Eritrea. He's going to introduce me to a bunch of international students at Wits that are here for a human rights course.




No comments: